Overview of ISZS activities, membership and benefits
Read more about the ISZS in the newsletter: ISZS Newsletter Dec 2015
1) CONFERENCES and WORKSHOPS
The International Symposium of Integrative Zoology (ISZS) is held annually around China. Usually linked to student training workshops.
The 8th ISIZ will be held in XILINGHOATE, INNER MONGOLIA, CHINA
Dates: 25 to 28 July 2016
Abstract deadline: 5 March 2016
Training Course: 29 July-5 Aug 2016 (students) Contact Person: Dr Chunxu Han (email@example.com) Further information: Circular-1st-8th ISIZ-F(1)
2) The International Congress of Zoology (ICZ)
Held every four years on different continents and is the official congress of ISZS (2000 Athens Greece, 2004 Paris France, 2008 Beijing, 2012 Israel).
The 22nd ICZ 2016 to be held in Okinawa, Japan Hosted by: Zoological Society of Japan (ZSJ)
Dates: 15 – 19 November 2016
Information: http://www.zoology.or.jp/2016-jointmeeting/ and attached flyer
The 23rd ICZ 2020 to be held in Cape Town, South Africa Hosted by: The Zoological Society of Southern Africa (ZSSA) Chairs local organizing committee: Dr. Sarita Maree & Prof. Peter Taylor)
3) ISZS Membership
– Open to any individual/organization with an interest in animals worldwide.
– Currently 100 Institutional Members representing ~30,000 zoologists and 1000 Individual Members.
4) ISZS Working Groups (subdiscipline-based)
– The ISZS facilitates focused working groups (subdisciplines of zoology).
– Comprised of researchers from around the world
– Information on existing working groups, benefits and duties of members can be found at http://www.globalzoology.org/dct/page/70023