“There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.”
2013 Annual ZSSA Symposium: 14-17 July
On behalf of the Zoological Society of Southern Africa, we have the pleasure of inviting you to attend our 2013 Annual Symposium which will be co-hosted by the University of Venda and the University of Limpopo at the Tshipise Resort just north of the Soutpansberg, less than an hour’s drive from Kruger’s Pafuri Gate. Download the brochure.pdf
All delegates are required to register online at www.savetcon.co.za
Urgent Reminder: Deadlines & Updates for ZSSA Conference (Tshipise)
1. NB! Abstracts! Closing date for submission of abstracts for the ZSSA Conference is 30 April 2013. Please submit via www.easyabstract.com
2. Registration. Closing date for discounted registration 15 June 2013
Register online at www.savetcon.co.za (Enquiries Petrie Vogel 012 346 0687)
3. Accommodation bookings. Forever Resort Tshipise (chalets and camping)
Book soon to avoid disappointment: Telephone Dinah (015 539 0651) email@example.com
4. Plenary speakers. Exceptional international plenary speakers are confirmed including Prof Tom Gilbert, a world leader in the field of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and Ancient DNA, whose work has featured in Science and Nature and was cited over 1500 times in 2012.
5. Photographic competition. Delegates with superb wildlife photographs are encouraged to submit their best photographs electronically to Birthe.Linden@univen.ac.za. Prizes include a year subscription to Africa Geographic Magazine and a SANParks Wild Card for two. Judging will be via “applause-meter” by delegates at the banquet evening. Outstanding photographs may also be framed, exhibited and auctioned with proceeds to photographers.
6. Student bursaries. A few remain; to apply, contact Rod Baxter: Roderick.Baxter@univen.ac.za